-Kelly, 51 years old
Fun Fact: Once ate ICE cream as a pre workout…
“It’s carbs though right?”
- What were you struggling with before you signed up for our nutrition program?
- I joined RRCF in August 2020 and started the nutrition program in Sept. I was motivated after trying to exercise at home and not making any progress. I had several misconceptions of ‘good nutrition’, including that I should be eating a high fat/low carb high protein diet.
- How did our nutrition program help solve that problem?
- You learn quickly that you can’t do an hour crossfit workout on fat and protein. Trusting Coach Abby to explain why all carbs aren’t bad was a preliminary step in fundamentally altering my diet.
- What was different about our nutrition program compared to diets you’ve tried in the past?
- I’ve never dieted per se, but I have tried to adopt eating habits (grain free anyone? Mediterranean diet? keto?) but I wasn’t exercising as consistently as I was here, so I wasn’t seeing any results.
Kelly’s RESULTS via the Nutrition Coaching program:
|Body Fat Mass||72 lbs.||61 lbs.||-11 lbs.|
|Skeletal Muscle Mass||75 lbs||78 lbs.||+3 lbs|
|Body Fat %||34%||30%||-4%|
|Total Weight||210 lbs.||200 lbs.||-10 lbs.|
- Take us to the moment when you realized our nutrition program was actually working to solve your problem.
- It’s like turning a big ship around very slowly. After 90 days I had lost 5 lbs of fat and gained a few pounds of muscle. I wanted the explosive metamorphosis, but I was very happy to accept the incremental change of 1-2 lbs of fat a month.
- Tell us what life looks like now that your problem is solved or being solved?
- I’m a month out from major shoulder surgery and 5 weeks without exercising. One saving grace has been good eating patterns where I have not over indulged and anything or binged on sweets and poor choices.
- How has the accountability and support of nutrition coaching helped you stay on track?
- Mine has been a slow and steady progression. Check-ins with Coach Abby ground my food choices as well as help me to consider other food options. My go-to breakfast is now eggs and sweet potato hash. Before it was eggs with goat cheese and half an avocado.
- What would you say to someone considering nutrition coaching with Railroad CrossFit?
- It’s not going to solve your problems overnight. But if you are committing to RRCF, I would recommend a 90 day commitment to nutrition coaching to establish a baseline, track incremental progress, and identify roadblocks to achieving your nutrition goals.
Interested in creating your change?
Take the step and start the conversation.
Book a FREE Nut Consultation here